Digital medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) are starting to change clinical practice:
- Digital histopathology, or automated analysis of biopsies or surgical tissues, help diagnosis process to be faster and with better results.
- Pictures are captured by a high-resolution scanner and stored as Whole Slide Images (WSIs).
- Huge amounts of information are processed; AI (i.e., machine learning -ML- and deep learning -DL- ) may help to identify Region of Interest (ROI) to focus analysis.
PROCESS will help medical practice in supporting diagnosis for patients, by increasing:
- Accuracy: better quality of predictions.
- Efficiency: time savings (both in computational tasks and in diagnosis) and reduction of effort by physicians.